Meet Kerri

Hi! Thank you for stopping by to visit! My name is Kerri and I started blogging in 2009 when my second daughter was born. Since then I have returned to teaching full time in the classroom but I still have a passion for blogging.
I love coffee, all things rustic, vintage, clean eating and simple living.

Home.simple.intentional

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The (Mismatched) Stockings Were Hung by the Chimney With Care






We hung our stockings up last night and I have to admit, they are mismatched. But not in a good Pottery Barn sort of way. Simply non-coordinating.

My husband bought us matching stockings when we were dating. Then baby girl #1 came along and got a pink Baby's First Christmas stocking.

When baby girl #2 came along, she got her very own pink Baby's First Christmas stocking and daughter #1 got a pink Princess stocking. And now daughter #2 has a vintage Winnie the Pooh stocking.

What does all this mean? It means I will deal with the stockings this year and wait for the after Christmas sales to buy new ones!

Meanwhile, I will drool over all of the pretty mantels that have coordinating stockings (or at least mis-matched stockings that look good together!)like the red and white one featured here from Linzlu214's Etsy shop!

3 comments:

  1. We got Pottery Barn quilted stockings a few years ago with each child's name on theirs. I love them and the kids do too. Hubs and I don't hang our stockings on the mantel. They go on door knobs around the house.

    Gotta love the after Christmas sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like mismatched personal stockings. My siblings and I used the same ones for most of our growing years. Tradition has its own special feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower to your blog and I will admit, I am getting addicted to these awesome ideas! I am a thrifty shopper who loves quality also! We had the mismatched stocking "issue" last year. I did bit the bullet and went with all Pottery Barn, but that is the 1st time I have ever done that and probably one of the last. I just thought i really wanted to have all of the same quilted look...I can't wait to see what else you post this month!

    melissa

    ReplyDelete