Meet Kerri

Hi! Thank you for stopping by to visit! My name is Kerri and I started blogging in 2009 when my second daughter was born. Since then I have returned to teaching full time in the classroom but I still have a passion for blogging.
I love coffee, all things rustic, vintage, clean eating and simple living.

Home.simple.intentional

Sunday, February 27, 2011

God's Plans


Image from beaspastar.com

My life has taken me down several different paths.

I was single and a high school teacher until 7 seven years ago.

Then I met my husband and we had our two beautiful girls.

Now I am a stay at home mom. I will always be a mom.

Yet due to financial constraints, I will be working again soon.

Not as a teacher because I believe in my heart that is not where God wants me to be.

So I have been praying to God about what my plans are (among other things).

I am struggling with this, among other things.

But I trust God completely.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,...and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5)

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go. I will guide you with MY eye." (Proverbs 32:8)

"The Lord will guide you continually... (Isiah 58:11)

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall ive you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord...." (Psalms 37:4)

Are you where God wants you to be? I don't think God is ever done with our plans.

Life is one continuous journey and I am so glad I have you, my dear blogging friends, with me on this path.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kerri,
    Beautiful post and verses. I was an elementary school teacher before kids. At this time I stay at home except for helping out in a preschool once in a while. I, too know that God is directing me on a different path...even though I thought I would always return to teaching. How exciting for your new adventure. I can't wait to hear where God leads you. I will be praying.
    Love
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog and what a good post to start with :) i'm sorry you're struggling with some things right now, but if your nose in the Word, you're doing the right thing :) hope you get some answers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gosh, I can relate. We've been thinking lately about the kind of life we want and I'm so torn about working...it would afford us a (maybe) better house (we just recently moved and are renting) and a little breathing room, but I am used to working from home I'm so unsure how it would go.

    I am in the same boat of needing to trust God right now... especially for answers! I hope you get some too!!

    ReplyDelete