Meet Kerri

Hi! Thank you for stopping by to visit! My name is Kerri and I started blogging in 2009 when my second daughter was born. Since then I have returned to teaching full time in the classroom but I still have a passion for blogging.
I love coffee, all things rustic, vintage, clean eating and simple living.

Home.simple.intentional

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Child's Thanksgiving Prayer and A DIY Pinecone Wreath



Image from hopeinrhodes.blogspot.com
White pinecone wreath from Pinterest.

I found this poem last week and I have been translating it to Spanish with my elementary students.

I wanted to share it with you because it is simple yet speaks volumes of the true meaning of Thanksgiving!

Thank you God for all that grows,
Thank you for the sky's rainbows,
Thank you for the stars that shine,
Thank you for these friends of mine,
Thank you for the sun and moon,
Thank you God for all you've done!

Did anyone get the Better Homes and Garden Christmas Idea Magazine? I bought it over the weekend and on the cover was a white pinecone wreath. I could not find an image of the one from the cover, by I found a similar one on Pinterest to show you.

Sunday was beautiful here so I took the girls out hunting for pinecones and I have been busy painting pinecones every night.

Over the summer I found a twig wreath someone was throwing out so I took it knowing I would put it to good use. I already pulled the fake flowers out of it and I am going to hot glue my pinecones onto it.

I will hopefully have it done soon to show you!

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you show us pictures of your wreath when you are done...it will be adorable!

    I love the poem...I will share it with my kids:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete