Meet Kerri

Hi! Thank you for stopping by to visit! My name is Kerri and I started blogging in 2009 when my second daughter was born. Since then I have returned to teaching full time in the classroom but I still have a passion for blogging.
I love coffee, all things rustic, vintage, clean eating and simple living.

Home.simple.intentional

Friday, November 11, 2011

Gratitiude and Attitude



I have been trying to find strength in the Lord as my family and I are finding ourselves one of the MANY who are feeling the affects of this economy.

I will be the first to admit, I need an ATTITUDE change. But when it is happening, you think you are alone and there is not another person who is facing the same challenges.

Until YESTERDAY when I was reading one of the blogs I read regularly

Ann Voskamp's A HOLY EXPERIENCE

Ann tells the story of Lidia and her mother Blanca, a single mother of four children who works six days a week to support her children in Ecuador. Blanca is compleley devoted to God and finds her strenght in HIM.

While my own fears are real, reading the story of Lidia and her mom is a message from God that HE alone can help us through when times are tough.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

I also would like to express my GRATITUDE those men and women who serve and who have served our country for each of us.

2 comments:

  1. i know what you mean, but we are never alone. there is always something to be grateful for. have a beautiful weekend friend! xo susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite Bible verses....thank you for posting it!

    You are right....we can always be grateful! Love that!

    I am grateful for you and your blog :)

    ReplyDelete